As COVID-19 effectively stopped our daily lives in its tracks with social distancing orders throughout the country, our boat became a safe haven. Boating is good for our health, reduces stress and helps keep family harmony. Boats bring us outside. Getting out on the water offers much-needed relief while still social distancing, whether fishing, boating, kayaking, canoeing, sailing or whatever marine adventure you choose. As Texans, we are blessed to be have an outlet to “escape” to our many beaches, rivers, lakes and bays.
But as businesses reopen and we return to “normal” life, it is important to stay diligent in social distancing to prevent further spread of COVID-19. These few simple rules will help keep us safe and allow us to enjoy our boats while adhering to CDC guidelines. Be A Responsible Boater!
All the usual rules apply:
- You need to limit the people aboard to those family members you share your home with, period—no guests.
- You also can’t raft up with other boats or pull up onto a beach close to another boat, as that could put you in close proximity with the occupants.
- You also have to be careful to maintain a safe distance from others when doing things like loading up at the marina or fueling the boat.
- After doing anything that requires touching an item someone else may have touched, like a marina gate lock or a fuel pump, disinfect by washing your hands or using a hand sanitizer as soon as possible.
- Finally, to maintain the highest level of safety pack your gear and supplies ahead of time and don’t plan to stop at a store on the way to the marina or launch ramp, as you usually might.
Let’s keep Texas fishing and boating by being mindful of federal, state and local mandates regarding the spread of COVID-19 as we responsibly enjoy the escape to the many God-given bodies of water throughout this great State! Thank you for doing your part to help prevent the spread of the virus.
1 PM to 9 PM
CLOSED FOR NFL PLAYOFF
11 AM to 8 PM
1 PM to 8 PM
1 PM to 9 PM
10 AM to 8 PM
11 AM to 5 PM
Meet Orbit from the Houston Astros
at the Boat Show!
Orbit will be at the Houston Boat Show
from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Sunday, Jan. 5th
Saturday, Jan. 11th
Sunday, Jan. 12th
and 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm Friday, Jan. 10th